AND I have given them as gifts! Seriously, their gluten free sweet treats are THE BEST gluten free baked goods ever.
So when they contacted me to ask if I would like to share one of their recipes on the blog I replied OF COURSE!
The recipe they wanted to share:
Gluten Free Chocolate Toffee Cookies
YUM! You guys know that I’m a lazy baker, so I would rather just buy the cookies from Harvard Sweet. BUT if you enjoy baking I would highly recommend this recipe!
Gluten Free Chocolate Toffee Cookies (from Sue George, owner of Harvard Sweet Boutique)
Yield: 35-40 cookies
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 pound good quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
1 ¾ cups light brown sugar (packed)
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (be sure it’s gluten free)
3 tablespoons coconut flour
3 tablespoons GF brown rice flour
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
9 ounces (6 bars) chocolate-covered toffee bars (such as Skor or Heath), coarsely chopped
1. In a double boiler set over simmering water, melt butter in the top of the double boiler. Once the butter is melted, turn off heat and stir in chocolate. When completely melted and smooth, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs until well mixed; about 2-3 minutes. Beat in chocolate/butter mixture then add vanilla.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix coconut flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthum gum, salt and baking powder until combined.
4. Stir flour mixture into the sugar/chocolate mixture then add toffee; do not overmix.
5. Chill batter until firm; about 30-45 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop batter using 1/8 cupful’s, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake just until tops are dry and a little crackled but cookies are still soft to touch; about 10 minutes.