The Fitness Friday post will go up around noon today, and don’t forget to enter to win your own Blender Bottle here.
But right now, let’s talk a little bit more about my bestie sister, who is celebrating her birthday!! (edited to add: Her birthday was yesterday! Gosh darn it, this is why you look at your calendar on your days off!)
I am VERY lucky!
I have been blessed with two older sisters, who are so incredibly loving and supportive of their little sister.
And I talk about her all the time, but my bestie sister is my best friend. (Hence the nickname) And she constantly takes care of me, even now that we’re both “grown up”. She talks things out with me, listens to my ramblings, and gets just as excited as I do about new coffee creamer flavors.
So in honor of her birthday, I thought I would share with you guys some of the most important nuggets of wisdom I’ve learned from her and tried to incorporate into my own life!
1. Family First: My bestie always puts her family first, and makes spending time with all of us a priority. She plans get togethers, makes sure there are food options for everyone, and just makes everything more fun! She is by far the LEAST selfish person I know.
2. Make the Most of Every Moment: My bestie is always ready for adventures and exploring, and she definitely embraces life. Feeling too tired? Get off the couch, let’s go. Because she’s knows once you’re up and moving, it’s going to be fun! Sitting in traffic? Don’t get mad. Call someone you love and spend that time catching up with them.
3. Be Flexible: It’s not always going to go perfectly. No worries. It’s your wedding day and someone forgot something? No worries, it’s not going to go perfectly. Grumpy toddler? No problem. My bestie is the queen of flexibility.
4. Be Present: Joan is present with you in every moment, which is one of the reasons she’s such an incredible Mom. She’s not distracted by her cell phone, or worried about the schedule. She’s spending time with you, and it always makes you feel special.
5. Be Funny: My niece Ella is hilarious, and I think a big part of that comes from my bestie. (She’s also a little bit mischievous, which she also gets from my bestie) Joan never takes herself too seriously, and can find humor in anything. Waiting in line at Starbucks? Funny commentary will help with the wait.
I love you Joanie, and thank you for being a constant inspiration to me. I hope that your birthday is just as special as you!