It’s not that this spinach dip isn’t delicious. It is. That soup was just SO DARN good! Poor spinach dip, first I took the mayo out of the recipe, then I’m pushing it aside for a hearty soup.
Good thing this dip is forgiving. Seriously. You can tweak the recipe to your hearts desire, and so long as you follow the basics: spinach + cream cheese, you’ll get there.
Gluten Free Hot Spinach Dip
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bags fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained & diced
- 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained & diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce (I used Lea & Perrin’s)
- 3 dashes hot sauce (I used Moore’s Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper
- Crackers or Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach in two additions, you want your first batch to wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander to drain out the excess liquid. You’ll want to press down on the spinach to get out as much moisture as possible.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. With a knife, cut your cream cheese into a few small cubes; toss into the pot with the milk. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella, diced red pepper, and diced artichoke hearts; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Yum! Oh so creamy and satisfying! You could even add more garlic…if you dare!
And speaking of appetizers, I received some pretty cool new in my email box yesterday! Kinnikinnick is offering a FREE online cooking class, to help us all tackle appetizers and desserts this holiday season!
Stress-Free Holiday Appetizers & Desserts
Watch it LIVE!!
Demystify the art of whipping up fancy and elegant appetizers and desserts for the holiday season. Stress-free recipes that make it look like you fussed!
The show will be available on our UStream channel
or directly on our Facebook Page
We'll be hosting an online chat during the broadcast on UStream so you can ask questions and we'll pass them on to the hosts.
Can’t watch the live show? Don’t worry… the show will be archived on UStream.
Tuesday, Nov 15th 2011 @ 6:00pm MST