I know what you’re thinking: “Marlow, another recipe inspired from Pinterest?!”
No? Oh you’re thinking “Marlow, you prepared three fresh, new recipes for you and your hubby this week! You’re such an amazing wife.” Yep. Thanks guys! You’re right!
I was pretty sure I was going to tweak this recipe too much. Add to that the fact that I am a self declared Lazy Baker. But 30 minutes in the oven and poof:
Out popped (almost typed pooped) Gluten Free Pepperoni Pizza Puffs and they looked and smelled heavenly!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used Gluten Free Pantry)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used flakes)
- 2 cups pepperoni (I bought sliced and then cut it into pieces; cubed is best)
- Dei Fratelli pizza sauce (It’s gluten free yo!)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt ; whisk in the milk and then the egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; combine well. Let the dough stand for 10 minutes.
Stir the batter one last time and then divide among the muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Heat your pizza sauce either in the microwave or stove top and serve!
Dip in the pizza sauce and enjoy!
And yep, you guessed it. They heat up for lunch the next day beautifully!
I am SERIOUSLY loving the conversation on Gluten Hates Me facebook page!
Does peanut butter make you burp? Answer here!