Yoga last night was AMAZING!!
Since moving last April, I haven’t done a stretch of yoga. I’m pretty intimidated by yoga studios. I’m not sure why, yogis are super nice. So I was really excited when my friend (and one of my bridesmaids) Amber asked me to join her at a class last night at her new studio: Franklin St. Yoga
We did an “All Levels” class …and basically got our butts handed to us! Amber and I were both DRIPPING in sweat. It was SO hot in the room, I actually couldn’t tell if I was going to faint or if I was just breathing too deeply. The teacher had a unique, almost aerobic style of yoga. But don’t get me wrong, I LOVED every second. I felt completely challenged but at the same time completely comfortable. The owner, Lori, was working the front desk and she was SUPER NICE! Warm and welcoming. I was immediately at ease :)
And as may have read in my tweets, I am SO SORE. I woke up this morning feeling like I had pumped iron! My arms especially, I pretty much can’t lift them. Those muscles haven’t been sore since tennis in college! AND my glutes are sore. I honestly don’t think my glutes have been sore…ever.
So this morning I rolled out my mat and did a 13 minute stretch that I found on Polly’s blog.
It actually felt really good to stretch. And since I was off of work today, it also felt really good to just have the time. So in the spirit of having time, I scrapped my oatmeal plans and made
Gluten Free pancakes!! I used the Wholes Foods 365 brand Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle mix. These were SO good.
And super filling. I wasn’t hungry for lunch until 2!
After breakfast I caught up on some emails…and my Google Reader :) While reading, I saw that my fellow NC blogger Sarah has OFFICIALLY moved her blog to The Shu Box and being the sweet gal that she is, she won an blogging award and nominated me for one!
So the stipulation of the award is that I have to tell you guys seven things facts about me…which will be hard, because I’ve pretty much told you guys everything :)
1) I was hired for my first job the day after I turned 15. I was a waitress at a pizza place called Zeko’s.
2) I have a twin brother named Otto which you guys know, but what you don’t know is that I was born FOUR MINUTES before him! So technically I’m older and therefore better than him ;)
3) Three years ago I was in a dance off with two guys…and won :) My bestie Jess (another bridesmaid) and I were in Austin, Texas and one thing led to another at a bar. They were really good dancers. I may or may not have called one of them Justin Timberlake for the rest of the night.
4) My winning move in the dance off involved a split. (and I was wearing cowboy boots)
5) I watch The Young and the Restless. Yes, I watch a “soap”. CBS was one of the three channels we had growing up and I’ve been following the Newman/Abbott family since I was born.
6) I hate buying pants. I really do. I love to shop, just not for pants.
7) I LOVE to go to the movies. I would go every weekend if my budget…and Parrish allowed it :)
Now for the fun part! I get to share this award with Seven other Beautiful bloggers!
1) Kate from Think Outside the Breadbox
2) Betsy from Gluten Free Betsy
3) Gidget from GF Gidget
4) Liz from The Good Eatah
5) Jill from Hey that tastes good
6) Erin from Gluten Free with a Purpose
7) Jess from Gluten Freesta
Okay ladies! I look forward to reading your seven facts :)
**************** Alright, off to watch Modern Family! New tonight :)